Mosquitoes are small like flies that constitute the family culieridae, females of most speces are called ectoparasites which have tube like mouth parts that pierce the hosts skin to consume blood.
Where are mosquitoes found?
Mosquitoes are usually bred in dark, moist areas such as in roofs, in-between wall cavities, and around your garden.
Mosquitoes are found in:
- Dirty stand-still water areas
- Drains or around drains and sinks
What are the signs of an infestation?
Signs of an infestation include:
- Lavae in stand-still waters
- Swarms of insects around drains and sinks
- Mosquito bites or rashes
- Mosquitoes hovering around lights or food
How can I prevent mosquitoes?
To keep mosquitoes away from your property:
Keep your property as dry as possible
- Trim and prune all shrubs, particularly around the root crown
- Ensure that your pesticide is up to date
- Ensure your Regular Pest Control is up to date
- Use High quality soil for pots and garden beds
- Clean gutters and drains
- Remove any gathering points for water
Regular General Pest Control can alleviate mosquito infestations from your property
Get a Quote
For an obligation free quote, fill in the form below and one of our CU Pest Specialists will get in touch with you.